Three years already passed since the launch of the very first Exceed reel, and still it is one of the most requested. And it could not be otherwise since this reel is offering incredible performance and at an incredible price. In this 3 years some thing changed and also the fishing tackle world have seen major changes. Actually, more and more, people are fishing the bluefin tuna casting medium sized metal jigs. And people started to ask for specific reels for this sporting technique.
The new Exceed SW 5500 H has been designed to satisfy the needs of this peope, featuring a 4.9:1 high speed ratio to allow a perfect retrieve of the metal jigs and a smaller, but not weaker body. Body and rotor are made of the same alloy (Al-Si-Cu-Mg) and sealed with a rubber o-ring. The 10+1 bearings are reinforced, double shielded and stainless steel.
The Max Drag is 20 Kg. The new designed handle is a great addition: it is made of stainless steel and designed to be absolutely strong and reliable. The Exceed 5500 SW H is also a light weight reel, only 520g, cause it must be used for long times, but also as powerful as a tuna reel must be.
- Stainless Steel Drive gears, Pinion gear & Oscillation-Pinion gear
- Max drag 20 Kg (44lb)
- Gear box lubrication port / hole
- Al-Si-Cu-Mg Aluminium alloy body / rotor / bail arm assembly
- Manganese bronze alloy oscillation gear
- Non reversible large one-way bearing (permanent one-way)
- Stainless steel backup anti reverse pawl
- Positive-Screw-lock CNC handle & knob
- Twin Ball bearing spool (for high speed drag runs)
- Titanium Line roller
- Solid 4mm bail wire
- Stainless steel and carbon textile drag washers, fine adjustment from full release to full lock with super smooth all the way
- Fully sealed Body & Drag (100% water proof reel)
- No rust Polyester (Metaformaldehyde) Bearing line level pulley
- All Stainless steel alloy for all other metal components
- 10+1 Stainless steel shielded bearings
- Gear ratio 4.1:1
||4.9:1 (87 cm)
||Ø 0.33 mm - 200 m
PE Line Capacities: PE #3 - 280m / PE #4 - 200m / PE #5 - 160m